Do you have a special love for video editing? If you do, then you should probably think of buying the best laptops for video editing. Well, you can always edit videos using different devices, including smartphones, but more often than not, these will lead to poor quality video products. Video editing laptops provide you with the best avenue of working with raw 4K or HD video in creating special effects and other videography elements.
How to pick the best laptops for video editing
If you want your video editing process to run smoothly and get a high-quality end product, then you have to consider buying the best laptops for videography. The process of picking a suitable laptop can however prove daunting because of the various aspects you have to consider. You can easily pick a videography laptop that you end up disliking shortly after. Below, entails some of the consideration in selecting the best laptop for video editing.
- What personal style preference do you have? Buy a laptop that will suit your design preference besides meeting your videography needs.
- What rating does the laptop have? You can always find reviews for every item or service traded online. The rating should inform you of the value of the product with regard to key different elements.
- Get recommendations from friends and family to save time. Such quarters can prove reliable, especially when they use the same products for videography. You will save time and get a feel about the usefulness of a laptop product.
Attributes of a brilliant laptop for video editing
What defines an excellent laptop when it comes to video editing?
- Laptop’s RAM. The best laptop for videography should have a RAM of 16GB to about 32GB, though higher RAMs cannot hurt any bit. Such a RAM can handle most video editing processes that don’t match or exceed 8K videos. Further, use higher RAMs when working with a lot of diverse video editing software.
- Compatibility. The best laptop for videography should prove compatible with your preferred video editing software.
- Hard drive. Consider the laptop’s hard drive type before buying. The hard drive in terms of storage and type will determine the processing speed. Consider an SSD drive with reasonable storage space.
- Price. The best laptop for videography should prove cost-effective with respect to attributes you want for video editing purposes.
- Processor. The best laptop processor for video editing should prove at least between core i5 and core i7 depending on your budget. However, the processor type should balance with the laptop’s RAM, video card, and storage capacity.
- Graphics Card. Buy a laptop that has a lightning-fast graphics card to transition your footage data into pixels.
- Accessories. The best ideography laptop should have accessories like SD-card or USB slot where you can quickly transfer your videos to a remote storage device upon completion.
The best laptops for video editing include:
The Microsoft Surface Book 2 proves a versatile video editing laptop that comes with a detachable screen, 8th Generation CPU of Core i7, vibrant display, and a GPU Nvidia GTX 1060.
- Detachable screen
- 8th Gen CPU, Core i7
- 15-inch display
- 256GB/512GB/1TB SSD
- Concealed GPU Nvidia GTX 1060
- 12-hour battery charge life
- Excellent bright and vivid display for an amazing video editing experience
- The detachable screen makes it portable as a tablet or laptop
- 12-hour holding capacity when it comes to battery charge when in use
- Excellent pen experience
- Proves very expensive
The 14-inch HP Zbook X2-G4 proves a great laptop design for video editing. The laptop comes with a RAM of 8GB/16GB/32GB, an SSD storage of 128GB/256GB/512GB, and Windows 10 OS.
- 14-inch display (4K)
- Nvidia Quadro M620 or Intel HD 620 GPU
- Intel Core i5/i7 CPU
- Comfortable keyboard
- Weight of 4.9 pounds
- Shortcut keys
- A wide range of editing resolution types because of the 14-inch display
- Brilliant shortcut keys improve efficiency and speed in editing
- Vivid and bright display
- Can possess better graphics
The X1 Extreme Lenovo ThinkPad laptop proves a monster option for video editing. The machine comes with a discreet graphics card, super-fast processing, and a possibility of getting outfitted with a Core i9 CPU and 64GB RAM.
- Sensational 4K HDR 15.6 inch display
- Sleek design
- Discreet graphics card
- Core i5/i7 processor
- 8GB/16/GB/32Gb/64GB RAM
- 256GB/512GB/1TB SSD storage
- Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti GPU
- Super-fast performance
- Amazing display
- Amazing design
- Climate endurance (high humidity, dust, and sand, extreme temperatures)
- Poor battery life
The ASUS ZenBook Pro proves elegant with a sophisticated design with the ability to meet and exceed your video editing needs. The 15.6-inch laptop comes with a RAM of 16GB, 512GB SSD storage, and an Intel Core i7/i9 CPU.
- Intel Core i7/Core i9 CPU
- Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti or Intel UHD 630 GPU
- 16GB RAM
- 512 SSD storage
- 15.6-inch display
- 4.2 pounds in weight
- High transfer speeds
- Super-fast transfer speeds
- Elegant design
- Powerful graphic performance
- The ScreenPad acts as a capable secondary screen
- Low battery life
The simple but classy Dell Inspiron 15 5000 laptop comes with 8GB RAM, a 15.6-inch display (HD), and a 128GB SSD and 1 TB HDD.
- 15.6-inch full HD display
- 1 TB HDD and 128 GB SSD
- 8 GB DDR RAM
- Intel Core i7-8550U processor
- Impressive clear and colorful HD display
- Dual drive and its SSD component gives the machine faster start-up time.
- Faster and smooth processing speeds when it comes to your video editing
- Dynamic extra power as a result of the Core i7 processor
- Lacks an optical drive
- Best Wireless Vertical Mouse For Productivity & Gaming
- Best Motherboard for 10th Gen Intel Core i9
- 5 Best Inkjet Printers – Reviews & Ratings
- The Best Mice For PC Gaming
- Best Laptops for College Students
You have to consider the laptop reviews above in informing your best video editing laptop option when shopping for one.